NVQ Diplomas & Grants
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) Diplomas
FeRFA has been successfully running training schemes since 2006 to provide a route for unskilled employees to gain an industry-wide recognised NVQ Level 2 for the CSCS blue Skilled Worker card. Employers benefit from their investment and the future prosperity of their business.
NVQ Level 2
FeRFA is committed to the qualification of the specialist workforce through the NVQ Diplomas in In-Situ Resin Flooring and Specialist Surface Preparation.
All qualifications are available either by onsite assessment for experienced operatives, or via the Specialist Applied-Skills Programme (SAP) for newcomers and lead to an NVQ Level 2.
The NVQ L2 courses are now available for all sub-contractors. Please see the three simple steps below.
- Contact FeRFA with your interest for the next course by emailing email@example.com
- Register with CITB – The registration process can be done online at Construction Employers Registration for Grants & Funding – CITB. If wage bill for PAYE and NET CIS is under £120K contribution is zero.
- Apply to the CITB grant: Grant.Claimforms@citb.co.uk
- NVQ enables you to a blue Skilled Worker card (the green Labourer cards have a limited time to hold these before workers are stopped on sites).
- Possibility to charge more to clients as you are now classed as skilled worker.
- You are entitled to attend the annual Awards and Graduation ceremony to receive your certificate.
NVQ Level 3
The NVQ Diplomas in Occupational Work Supervision provides an opportunity for candidates currently working in a relevant Construction discipline to obtain an industry-recognised qualification that demonstrates their achieved levels of competence. Click here for details of the units to be achieved.
Information for NVQ L2 Diplomas skills card holders upgrading to L3:
Candidates who achieve the NVQ L3 Diploma Occupational Works Supervisor qualification can apply for the CSCS Gold Supervisor Card and will need to pass the CSCS Supervisor Health, Safety & Environment Test. Full details are available on the CSCS website www.cscs.uk.com
NVQ Level 6
The Drilling and Sawing Association offers a management programme leading to the NVQ Level 6 and the CSCS Black Card. Course content details can be found here. For more information on CITB grants available and training fees, please contact The Drilling and Sawing Association (0844 879 3452).
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
HUSQVARNA DELIVERS COMPLETE SOLUTIONS IN SURFACE PREPARATION
Husqvarna Construction further strengthens its surface preparation offering by introducing shot blasters, steel blasters and related dust collectors under the […]
30th May 2023
TPS360 Employee Spotlight – Lauren Watson
Introducing Lauren Watson, our spotlight employee of the day at TPS360! Lauren joined us as an administration assistant in May […]
12th May 2023
Fosroc Flooring Training Hosted by Resapol
You are invited to join the Fosroc complete floor solutions product training at your local Resapol Depot. The training will […]
12th May 2023