CSCS – The Construction Skills Certification Scheme
CSCS - The Construction Skills Certification Scheme
Before allowing workers onto their sites, most contractors and clients now demand proof of competence – and this can be provided by a CSCS card. All new and renewed cards issued are now called Smartcards. The card lists the holder’s qualifications and are valid for either three or five years. It also shows they have health and safety awareness.
SmartCards include a chip which stores the printed information and can be read electronically. This helps prevent forgeries, make cards easier to check and cut down on the number of cards that need to be carried. Further details of the scheme can be found on the CSCS website .
How to Apply for a CSCS Card
For information on how to apply for a CSCS Card and finding the right card for you, please visit https://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/
The 3 simple steps are:
- Pass a UK qualification in Health and Safety in the Construction Environment
- If you already have an accepted qualification (taken within the last 2 years), you can email or post a copy of your certificate as part of your application
- A full list of accepted qualifications is available on www.cscs.uk.com/recognised-quals
- Pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test – visit www.cscsuk.com or call 0344 994 4488. The test costs £19.50.
- To apply for a card call 0344 994 4777. You will need to email a copy of your qualification pass certificate to email@example.com and pay £30 by credit or debit card or by cheque.
If you are an employer download an application form from cscs.uk.com/employer. Check the guidance page before submitting the application.
CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test Requirements for a CSCS Card
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme’s application processing and contact centre is delivered under contract by CITB. Visit the CITB website for relevant information.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
Build your screed with speed with UltraFloor Screed IT UltraCem
UltraFloor are delighted to present the flooring market with Screed IT UltraCem – the time saving alternative to sand and […]
18th March 2021
WATCO TAKES IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH CONCREX CARBON FIBRE
Watco, is one of the UK’s leading manufacturer and supplier of high-performance industrial strength paint, repair and maintenance materials, has […]
17th March 2021
SIKA’S INNOVATIVE PU FLOOR COATING NAMED AS FINALIST IN PRIZED INDUSTRY AWARDS
Sika ComfortFloor® Marble FX, a high-performance, polyurethane, self-serving, UV-resistant, marble effect flooring system, has been shortlisted for a prized industry […]
19th January 2021