CSCS – The Construction Skills Certification Scheme
CSCS - The Construction Skills Certification Scheme
Before allowing workers onto their sites, most contractors and clients now demand proof of competence – and this can be provided by a CSCS card. All new and renewed cards issued are now called Smartcards. The card lists the holder’s qualifications and are valid for either three or five years. It also shows they have health and safety awareness.
SmartCards include a chip which stores the printed information and can be read electronically. This helps prevent forgeries, make cards easier to check and cut down on the number of cards that need to be carried. Further details of the scheme can be found on the CSCS website .
How to Apply for a CSCS Card
For information on how to apply for a CSCS Card and finding the right card for you, please visit https://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/
The 3 simple steps are:
- Pass a UK qualification in Health and Safety in the Construction Environment
- If you already have an accepted qualification (taken within the last 2 years), you can email or post a copy of your certificate as part of your application
- A full list of accepted qualifications is available on www.cscs.uk.com/recognised-quals
- Pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test – visit www.cscsuk.com or call 0344 994 4488. The test costs £19.50.
- To apply for a card call 0344 994 4777. You will need to email a copy of your qualification pass certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay £30 by credit or debit card or by cheque.
If you are an employer download an application form from cscs.uk.com/employer. Check the guidance page before submitting the application.
CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test Requirements for a CSCS Card
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme’s application processing and contact centre is delivered under contract by CITB. Visit the CITB website for relevant information.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
Fosroc Launch Patchroc 250
Fosroc have been manufacturing concrete repair mortars for over 50 years. During that time they have built up a fantastic […]
29th June 2020
SIKA’S ‘ONE SHOT’ SOLUTION ENSURES RAPID RETURN TO SERVICE FOR CAR PARK DECKS
Sika has developed a unique crack-bridging solution for the time and cost-effective refurbishment of car parks. It includes an innovative […]
17th June 2020
Brian Poulson Obituary
FeRFA is sad to announce the death of the former FeRFA executive director Brian Poulson on the 5th April 2020. […]
8th June 2020