Environment and Sustainability
ENVIRONMENT, WASTE HANDLING AND SUSTAINABILITY
Environmental Policy Advice on writing an environmental policy Waste: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Assistance on managing your waste Guidance on the classification and assessment of waste (1st edition 2015) Technical Guidance WM3 – Advice from the Environment Agency Revised Waste Framework Directive – Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011
FeRFA RECYCLING SCHEME
FeRFA’s scheme is a major initiative to bring contractors and manufacturers together in a recycling programme for waste packaging. As resin flooring is laid in situ, with minimal material waste produced on site, packaging waste has been identified as the major waste stream. Under the recycling and waste management scheme, waste packaging (hazardous and non hazardous) is collected, decontaminated and reprocessed for future use, with up to 100% of waste being recycled.
HALVING WASTE TO LANDFILL COMMITMENT
FeRFA has adopted a resource efficiency plan which commits to:
- Increase the level of waste packaging being recycled within the resin flooring industry
- reduce year on year the level of all waste streams being sent to landfill – working towards “Zero Waste to Landfill”
- Actively promote the use of recycled materials.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues and provide guidance and training to increase knowledge and share best practice.
To achieve the above, FeRFA has introduced a recycling and waste management scheme, whereby waste packaging (hazardous and non hazardous) is collected, decontaminated and reprocessed for future use, with up to 100% of waste being recycled. Click here for more information on achieving Zero Waste to Landfill.
To see how FeRFA members are meeting their commitment to Halving Waste to Landfill, click here.
FeRFA's RECYLING HEROES
Here are the logos of all the companies who have contributed to the excellent success of FeRFA’s recycling record over the year:
WHY JOIN THE RECYCLING SCHEME?
Managing waste efficiently not only improves your green credentials by meeting your environmental responsibilities, but also increases your efficiency, saves money and resources. The FeRFA scheme offers a complete package, linking with specialist companies, to help you achieve your environmental targets.
Full information, and a series of guidance documents are available to download by clicking on the links below.
INFORMATION AND DOCUMENT DOWNLOADS
The following downloadable documents provide more information on the FeRFA scheme:
- Reconomy – Construction Waste Management Booklet – Details of services offered
- FeRFA Recycling Scheme Booklet: Full details of the Scheme, how it works and whom to contact
- Halving Waste to Landfill: show your commitment and sign up
- FeRFA Environmental Guide: FeRFA’s technical guidance note No.10
- Guide to Waste Management: Your questions answered
- Site Waste Management Process Chart: Where your waste goes
- Achieving Zero Waste to Landfill: Help pages
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
Instarmac launch online Training Academy
Workplaces have changed dramatically over the last 12-18 months with everyone rapidly adapting to the ‘new normal’. We have all […]
18th June 2021
CONICA further strengthens its Operations team with the appointment of a Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Engineer.
In response to the continued growth of the UK business, CONICA Ltd, the Newark-based international sports, play and resin flooring specialist, is […]
11th June 2021
SIKA’S PIONEERING THIN-LAYER SCREED SYSTEM OVERCOMES THE WORST FLOOR SUBSTRATES WITHOUT THE NEED FOR COSTLY DECONSTRUCTION
Sika, a global leader in the manufacture of innovative building products, is to host a live webinar to promote the […]
11th June 2021