Environment and Sustainability
ENVIRONMENT, WASTE HANDLING AND SUSTAINABILITY
Environmental Policy Advice on writing an environmental policy Waste: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Assistance on managing your waste Guidance on the classification and assessment of waste (1st edition 2015) Technical Guidance WM3 – Advice from the Environment Agency Revised Waste Framework Directive – Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011
FeRFA RECYCLING SCHEME
FeRFA’s scheme is a major initiative to bring contractors and manufacturers together in a recycling programme for waste packaging. As resin flooring is laid in situ, with minimal material waste produced on site, packaging waste has been identified as the major waste stream. Under the recycling and waste management scheme, waste packaging (hazardous and non hazardous) is collected, decontaminated and reprocessed for future use, with up to 100% of waste being recycled.
HALVING WASTE TO LANDFILL COMMITMENT
FeRFA has adopted a resource efficiency plan which commits to:
- Increase the level of waste packaging being recycled within the resin flooring industry
- reduce year on year the level of all waste streams being sent to landfill – working towards “Zero Waste to Landfill”
- Actively promote the use of recycled materials.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues and provide guidance and training to increase knowledge and share best practice.
To achieve the above, FeRFA has introduced a recycling and waste management scheme, whereby waste packaging (hazardous and non hazardous) is collected, decontaminated and reprocessed for future use, with up to 100% of waste being recycled. Click here for more information on achieving Zero Waste to Landfill.
To see how FeRFA members are meeting their commitment to Halving Waste to Landfill, click here.
FeRFA's RECYLING HEROES
Here are the logos of all the companies who have contributed to the excellent success of FeRFA’s recycling record over the year:
WHY JOIN THE RECYCLING SCHEME?
Managing waste efficiently not only improves your green credentials by meeting your environmental responsibilities, but also increases your efficiency, saves money and resources. The FeRFA scheme offers a complete package, linking with specialist companies, to help you achieve your environmental targets.
Full information, and a series of guidance documents are available to download by clicking on the links below.
INFORMATION AND DOCUMENT DOWNLOADS
The following downloadable documents provide more information on the FeRFA scheme:
- FeRFA Recycling Scheme Booklet: Full details of the Scheme, how it works and whom to contact
- Halving Waste to Landfill: show your commitment and sign up
- FeRFA Environmental Guide: FeRFA’s technical guidance note No.10
- Guide to Waste Management: Your questions answered
- Site Waste Management Process Chart: Where your waste goes
- Achieving Zero Waste to Landfill: Help pages
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
HUSQVARNA DELIVERS COMPLETE SOLUTIONS IN SURFACE PREPARATION
Husqvarna Construction further strengthens its surface preparation offering by introducing shot blasters, steel blasters and related dust collectors under the […]
30th May 2023
TPS360 Employee Spotlight – Lauren Watson
Introducing Lauren Watson, our spotlight employee of the day at TPS360! Lauren joined us as an administration assistant in May […]
12th May 2023
Fosroc Flooring Training Hosted by Resapol
You are invited to join the Fosroc complete floor solutions product training at your local Resapol Depot. The training will […]
12th May 2023