Environment and Sustainability
ENVIRONMENT, WASTE HANDLING AND SUSTAINABILITY
Advice on writing an environmental policy
Waste: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Assistance on managing your waste
Guidance on the classification and assessment of waste (1st edition 2015) Technical Guidance WM3 – Advice from the Environment Agency
Revised Waste Framework Directive – Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011
The Environmental Agency
Guide to Waste Management
What is waste and advice from Reconomy on how to deal with it
FeRFA statement on BREEAM and resin flooring
FeRFA’s Recycling Scheme was the winner in the Environmental Initiative of the Year category at the TAF’s (Trade Association Forum’s) Best Practice Awards 2011.
This project has been delivered with support from ConstructionSkills Management and Supervisory Development Programme. The fund provides financial backing to encourage innovative ideas that deliver management training benefits across the industry
FeRFA RECYCLING SCHEME
FeRFA’s scheme is a major initiative to bring contractors and manufacturers together in a recycling programme for waste packaging. As resin flooring is laid in situ, with minimal material waste produced on site, packaging waste has been identified as the major waste stream. Under the recycling and waste management scheme, waste packaging (hazardous and non hazardous) is collected, decontaminated and reprocessed for future use, with up to 100% of waste being recycled.
To assist members in meeting their own recycling targets FeRFA has joined with Reconomy, who offer a complete recycling and waste management service, and Protech Plastics Containers, manufacturers of recycled and recyclable plastic containers. CLICK HERE for further information on the scheme.
FeRFA reports up-to-date recycling volumes in our monthly newsletters in the News section.
HALVING WASTE TO LANDFILL COMMITMENT
FeRFA has adopted a resource efficiency plan which commits to:
- Increase the level of waste packaging being recycled within the resin flooring industry
- reduce year on year the level of all waste streams being sent to landfill – working towards “Zero Waste to Landfill”
- Actively promote the use of recycled materials.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues and provide guidance and training to increase knowledge and share best practice.
To achieve the above, FeRFA has introduced a recycling and waste management scheme, whereby waste packaging (hazardous and non hazardous) is collected, decontaminated and reprocessed for future use, with up to 100% of waste being recycled.
Click here for more information on achieving Zero Waste to Landfill.
To see how FeRFA members are meeting their commitment to Halving Waste to Landfill, click here for more details including full Annual Recycling Reports for the past four years.
FeRFA's RECYLING HEROES
Here are the logos of all the companies who have contributed to the excellent success of FeRFA’s recycling record over the year:
WHY JOIN THE RECYCLING SCHEME?
Managing waste efficiently not only improves your green credentials by meeting your environmental responsibilities, but also increases your efficiency, saves money and resources. The FeRFA scheme offers a complete package, linking with specialist companies, to help you achieve your environmental targets.
Full information, and a series of guidance documents are available to download by clicking on the links below.
INFORMATION AND DOCUMENT DOWNLOADS
The following downloadable documents provide more information on the FeRFA scheme:
- Reconomy – Construction Waste Management Booklet – Details of services offered
- FeRFA Recycling Scheme Booklet: Full details of the Scheme, how it works and whom to contact
- Reconomy Sustainability Report: 2016/17
- Reconomy National Rate Card: From April 2017
- Halving Waste to Landfill: show your commitment and sign up
- FeRFA Environmental Guide: FeRFA’s technical guidance note No.10
- Guide to Waste Management: Your questions answered
- FeRFA’s Environmental Policy: Our commitment to sustainable practices
- Environmental Template: To use as a basis for own company policy
- Sample Waste Dashboard – To demonstrate a commitment to waste reduction
- Site Waste Management Process Chart: Where your waste goes
- Achieving Zero Waste to Landfill: Help pages
FeRFA’s Recycling Scheme was the winner in the Environmental Initiative of the Year category at the
TAF’s (Trade Association Forum’s) Best Practice Awards 2011.
This project has been delivered with support from ConstructionSkills Management and Supervisory Development Programme. The fund provides financial backing to encourage innovative ideas that deliver management training benefits across the industry.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
All you need to do is Renovate IT!
UltraFloor, part of the award-winning Instarmac Group plc, are delighted to announce the launch of Level IT Renovate – a […]
3rd January 2019
FeRFA AWARDS SHOWCASE THE BEST IN THE RESIN FLOORING SECTOR
Once again the FeRFA Best Practice Awards have highlighted and celebrated the best projects and innovation that the resin flooring […]
26th November 2018
Two New Appointments at Reprotec
North East based Reprotec UK, specialists in resin flooring systems and bespoke surface protection technology, has announced two appointments. Mr […]
13th November 2018