FeRFA Upskilling Courses
FeRFA’s upskilling programme offers the industry an ongoing programme of training, not just for new employees into the industry, but also established floor layers and contract managers who need to expand their knowledge of changing products and techniques. With this come improvements which allow businesses to become more profitable and successful, and raise quality standards within the industry. The benefits include:
- Broadening the skill base of individuals and improving work opportunities
- Improving the scope of work available to the employer
- Establishing recognition for the industry towards ongoing training of its workforce
- Keeping up to date with product changes within the industry and the techniques required to meet the changes.
Courses can be run on the following topics – at venues and on dates to suit, subject to demand:
- Decorative Stone & Quartz Systems
- Flowable Screeds
- Self Smoothing Static Dissipative & Slip Resistant
- Polyurethane screeds & coving
- Work Practice & Project Planning
- Surface preparation to receive resin floors
- Grinding & Polishing
- Specifiying and Selecting Resin Flooring
- Waste Management.
The course fee, which varies depending on the course, is subsidised for FeRFA members and includes: Tuition (both classroom and practical where applicable), set of course notes, completion certificate, lunch and refreshments. You may be eligible for CITB grant funding for attendance.
FeRFA's Online E-learning Portal
- Health and Safety
- Work Practice and Project Planning
- Specifying Resin Flooring Systems
- Static Dissipative systems
- Assessing Slip Resistance
There is no charge for FeRFA members to take the courses. For more details on enrolling on the courses please contact FeRFA. There are instructions on using the e-Learning portal HERE. FeRFA Elearning portal is available at http://elearning.ferfa.org.uk/. To take part in the Elearning programme you first need to apply to FeRFA in order to be enrolled on a course. Please register your interest in any of these courses, by getting in contact with FeRFA direct on +44 (0)7484 075 254 or by email.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
The Preparation Group – Launch of the Worst SubFloor Awards
As surface preparation contractors, The Preparation Group thinks it has seen it all, but is inviting Flooring Contractors, Installers and […]
13th January 2020
The Resin Mill makes top 100 list for the fastest growing companies in the UK
FeRFA member and specialist resin bound supplier, The Resin Mill, has been ranked 56th in The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic […]
16th December 2019
SIKA FLOORING SOLUTION LAYS FOUNDATION FOR SUCCESS AT THIS YEAR’S FERFA AWARDS
A high-profile project, for which Sika supplied the quality flooring solution, has collected a prized industry accolade. Sika, in collaboration […]
11th December 2019