FeRFA Upskilling Courses
FeRFA’s upskilling programme offers the industry an ongoing programme of training, not just for new employees into the industry, but also established floor layers and contract managers who need to expand their knowledge of changing products and techniques. With this come improvements which allow businesses to become more profitable and successful, and raise quality standards within the industry. The benefits include:
- Broadening the skill base of individuals and improving work opportunities
- Improving the scope of work available to the employer
- Establishing recognition for the industry towards ongoing training of its workforce
- Keeping up to date with product changes within the industry and the techniques required to meet the changes.
Courses are available in two formats – click on the links to move to the section of interest:
Courses can be run on the following topics – at venues and on dates to suit, subject to demand:
- Decorative Stone & Quartz Systems
- Flowable Screeds
- Self Smoothing Static Dissipative & Slip Resistant
- Polyurethane screeds & coving
- Work Practice & Project Planning
- Surface preparation to receive resin floors
- Grinding & Polishing
- Specifiying and Selecting Resin Flooring
- Waste Management.
The course fee is being subsidised for FeRFA members and will be £50 per person, which includes: Tuition (both classroom and practical where applicable), set of course notes and completion certificate, as well as lunch and refreshments. You may be eligible for CITB grant funding of £30 for attendance.
FeRFA's Online E-learning Portal
FeRFA has developed five on-line e-learning modules which comprise an audio visual presentation followed by a test. Successful candidates receive a certificate on completion of the chosen module.
Courses will cover the following topics:
- Health and Safety
- Work Practice and Project Planning
- Specifying Resin Flooring Systems
- Static Dissipative systems
- Assessing Slip Resistance
There is no charge for FeRFA members to take the courses.
For more details on enrolling on the courses please contact FeRFA.
There are instructions on using the e-Learning portal HERE.
FeRFA Elearning portal is available at http://elearning.ferfa.org.uk/. To take part in the Elearning programme you first need to apply to FeRFA in order to be enrolled on a course.
Please register your interest in any of these courses, by getting in contact with FeRFA direct on +44 (0)7484 075 254 or by email.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
All you need to do is Renovate IT!
UltraFloor, part of the award-winning Instarmac Group plc, are delighted to announce the launch of Level IT Renovate – a […]
3rd January 2019
FeRFA AWARDS SHOWCASE THE BEST IN THE RESIN FLOORING SECTOR
Once again the FeRFA Best Practice Awards have highlighted and celebrated the best projects and innovation that the resin flooring […]
26th November 2018
Two New Appointments at Reprotec
North East based Reprotec UK, specialists in resin flooring systems and bespoke surface protection technology, has announced two appointments. Mr […]
13th November 2018