FeRFA Upskilling Courses
FeRFA’s upskilling programme offers the industry an ongoing programme of training, not just for new employees into the industry, but also established floor layers and contract managers who need to expand their knowledge of changing products and techniques. With this come improvements which allow businesses to become more profitable and successful, and raise quality standards within the industry. The benefits include:
- Broadening the skill base of individuals and improving work opportunities
- Improving the scope of work available to the employer
- Establishing recognition for the industry towards ongoing training of its workforce
- Keeping up to date with product changes within the industry and the techniques required to meet the changes.
Courses can be run on the following topics – at venues and on dates to suit, subject to demand:
- Decorative Stone & Quartz Systems
- Flowable Screeds
- Self Smoothing Static Dissipative & Slip Resistant
- Polyurethane screeds & coving
- Work Practice & Project Planning
- Surface preparation to receive resin floors
- Grinding & Polishing
- Specifiying and Selecting Resin Flooring
- Waste Management.
The course fee, which varies depending on the course, is subsidised for FeRFA members and includes: Tuition (both classroom and practical where applicable), set of course notes, completion certificate, lunch and refreshments. You may be eligible for CITB grant funding for attendance.
FeRFA's Online E-learning Portal
- Health and Safety
- Work Practice and Project Planning
- Specifying Resin Flooring Systems
- Static Dissipative systems
- Assessing Slip Resistance
There is no charge for FeRFA members to take the courses. For more details on enrolling on the courses please contact FeRFA. There are instructions on using the e-Learning portal HERE. FeRFA Elearning portal is available at http://elearning.ferfa.org.uk/. To take part in the Elearning programme you first need to apply to FeRFA in order to be enrolled on a course. Please register your interest in any of these courses, by getting in contact with FeRFA direct on +44 (0)7484 075 254 or by email.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
NEW ATM AIMS TO MAKE UK MOVE A SUCCESS
Edgar Janoher has left his Spanish homeland to join Sika UK as an Area Technical Manager Responsible for special project […]
16th September 2019
Sherwin-Williams wins HACCP vote of confidence for specialist flooring systems
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings has been awarded an internationally-recognised food and beverage industry standard accreditation for a specialist range […]
11th September 2019
Machine operation made easy
The Preparation Group has introduced easy to read ‘How to Use’ cards onto its range of Shotblasters, Grinders, Planers, Scrapers, […]
9th September 2019