Who We Are
FeRFA is a ‘Controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, our registered office is at UHY Hacker Young, 9-11 Vittoria Street, Birmingham, B1 3ND, and we are a company registered in England and Wales, under company number 0954060. As a Data Controller, we are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z9546060. If you have any questions concerning Data Protection at FeRFA, please email us on email@example.com.
Information That We Collect
FeRFA processes your personal information to meet your requests, but we will not collect any personal information unless you provide this voluntarily, and we will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you, nor will we process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
We may collect and process information in the following ways:
- Information you give Us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the contact functionalities via our site, participate in any interactive services which we operate via our site or social media platforms, or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, membership details, education and employment details, personal description, and photograph.
- Information We collect about you. Regarding each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate from time to time or the other services we provide. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, survey and research organisations, professional advisors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Should you choose to contact us using the email link firstname.lastname@example.org, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to or be processed by any of the third-party data processors defined in Our Third-Party Data Processors. Instead, the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. Our servers are protected, and the email content will then be decrypted by our local computers and devices. Based on the nature of the contact, emails may then be sent internally (i.e., within FeRFA), in order to provide the best response.
How We Use Your Personal Data
FeRFA takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Site Visitation Tracking
To opt out of being tracked by Google analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 8-11, Safari, Firefox and Opera.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below details cookie files that may be used within this website.
|Google Analytics||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages, they visited.||Google privacy statement|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our Third-Party Data Processors
We use several third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in the:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
All processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws given above, and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures:
Our Third-Party Processors are listed below:
- Google (https://www.google.co.uk/intel/enGB/policies/privacy)
- Smart Marketing Works Ltd (https://www.smartmarketingworks.com/privacy-policy-2)
About This Website’s Server
This website is hosted through Smart Marketing Works Ltd within a UK data centre. Smart Marketing Works Ltd are an approved third-party provider on cloud servers utilising NAS/SAN storage. Data centres are co-located in some of the most respected data centre facility providers in the world and feature both physical and infrastructure security and security monitoring, as well as access logging and security control.
All data centres are audited and certified by various internationally recognised compliance standards. They are also compliant with the EU Data Protection Directive (soon to become the EU General Data Protection Regulation) and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
As a general rule, the hosting of this site is being conducted in the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany, in another Member State of the European Union (EU) or in another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA).
All server data will be stored at the selected data centre. Daily local backups are made to the server itself. In addition to this, Design Portfolio maintains daily, encrypted, incremental backups.
You have the right to access any personal information that FeRFA processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use. You may do so by writing to us using the contact details given in this notice.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, outside of the FeRFA organisation, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
FeRFA takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
SSL, encryptions, pseudonymisation, practices, restriction, IT, authentication etc.
How Long We Keep Your Data
FeRFA only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Within these periods we will hold your data until you request it to be destroyed.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you will usually be stored inside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA). However, if you live or work outside of the UK or the EEA, we may need to transfer your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA to respond to any queries that you may have. Where this applies, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Links To Other Websites
This privacy statement applies only to personal data collected on the Website. Other websites to which the Website may be linked may or may not contain privacy policies. We have no influence or control over those sites. The use of other sites, or the submission of personal data to them, is at Your own risk and is subject to their privacy statements and policies.
Lodging A Complaint
FeRFA only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Ms Kay Porter
43 Stafford Road
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Telephone: 0303 1231113 or 01625 545 745
Fax: 01625 524510
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
Level and lay in a day, even over old adhesive residues, with Level IT Pro30
UltraFloor are known for providing expert and quality subfloor preparation materials specially curated to handle a variety of flooring environments. […]
7th December 2020
Ryebrook becomes an Employee Owned Company
Ryebrook Resins Flooring Ltd, who were a pioneer in the installation of resin floors to industrial, institutional and educational clients […]
20th November 2020
Husqvarna Launches an all-new range of floor grinders
Equipment manufacturer Husqvarna Construction Products further strengthens its position on the global floor grinding market by launching not one, but […]
20th November 2020