Happy Birthday to us!
This year sees FeRFA celebrate 50 years as the voice of the resin flooring industry.
The Association came into being in May 1969 as the Federation of Epoxy Resin Formulators and Applicators. After dropping the “Epoxy” in 1980, the name was finally changed to FeRFA in January 1996.
FeRFA currently has over 130 members comprised of manufacturers, contractors and associates and this year we will be very proud to see us pass the 140 mark for graduating NVQ L2 apprentices.
Help us celebrate our 50th birthday in style at the FeRFA Awards 2019!
The FeRFA Annual General Meeting and Awards Dinner 2019 will be held on Friday 29th November at the De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre & Orchard Hotel in Nottingham.
The FeRFA 50th Anniversary Awards Dinner will take place in the Banqueting Suite and promises to be a glittering affair. The large space offers an ideal opportunity to entertain customers, reward staff and enjoy an early festive celebration with friends. FeRFA look forward to welcoming members and their guests in November.
Set in 330 acres of the University of Nottingham’s landscaped parkland just 10 minutes from J25 of the M1, De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre & Orchard Hotel is a stylish and eco-friendly, multi-award-winning venue featuring 202 bedrooms. Guests can enjoy free-parking and free access to the state-of-the-art gym and 25m swimming pool at the University of Nottingham’s brand new David Ross Sports Village. Free, superfast Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
FeRFA has negotiated a special rate at the Orchard Hotel. Please go to the Ticket Booking section on this page for further information.
FeRFA Awards Dinner & AGM 2019: Friday 29th November, De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre & Orchard Hotel, Nottingham
|12:30-13:30||Open Networking & Refreshments|
|13:30||Annual General Meeting|
|21:00||Apprentice Graduations & Best Practice Awards|
|22:30||Music & Dancing|
A Big Thank You to Our Sponsors!
FeRFA has been running the highly prestigious Best Practice Awards since 2002 as the voice of the resin flooring industry.
A big Thank You to all our sponsors this year! Your sponsorship enables FeRFA to maintain the high standards of this annual event, continue to deliver training and celebrate the fantastic achievements of the FeRFA apprentices at the Graduation Ceremony on the evening. The evening is attended by over 250 industry professionals, providing your brand a wealth of exposure in the period running up to, during and after the Awards.
Click here to view and/or book sponsorship packages.
Reverend Richard Coles Confirmed to Host 2019 Awards Dinner!
The Reverend Richard Coles is a broadcaster, writer and Church of England priest. Known for appearances on everything from Have I Got News For You to Strictly Come Dancing, he first found fame as one half of the 1980s band, The Communards. They enjoyed three UK Top 10 hits, including the biggest-selling single of 1986: Don’t Leave Me This Way.
The multi-talented Richard has turned his hand to acting, penned music for film and TV, served up advice as ‘agony uncle’ on BBC London and won a Sony Gold as presenter of The Mix on Radio 5 live. With a successful media career already established, Richard trained for a priesthood in the Church of England – becoming what could only be described as a ‘very modern’ vicar. He’s competed in MasterChef, won Celebrity Mastermind, and has the distinction of performing “the worst Pasodoble in the history of Strictly Come Dancing”. He also makes time for the odd Songs of Praise special, appearances on QI, This Week and Would I Lie To You?
Book Your Tickets Now!
There is no charge to attend the AGM, however booking is essential.
Tickets for the Awards Dinner cost £90 +VAT for individual tickets, reduced to £81 +VAT per person for bookings of 10+ guests. Dress: Black tie.
The closing date for ticket booking is Friday 1st November 2019.
Click here to book your AGM and/or Awards Dinner tickets online.
If you’d like the above booking form in a Word document, please request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation at the De Vere Orchard Hotel is available at a discounted rate of £109 per double room and £99 per single room including breakfast and VAT. To take advantage of this rate please book direct with De Vere Orchard Hotel by 18th October by calling 0115 697 8175 (quoting FeRFA 2911).
The 2019 FeRFA Best Practice Awards will be presented after dinner and we will be honouring this year’s Apprentice Graduates with the presentation of their NVQ diplomas and certificates. FeRFA graduation is supported by CITB. You can then dance the evening away or enjoy a drink in the Banqueting Suite or hotel bars.
New Award for 2019 – Outstanding Contribution to FeRFA
In our 50th year as an association, we have introduced a new award category which is open to all members of FeRFA.
The Outstanding Contribution Award will be judged on a company or individual’s contribution to the Resin Flooring Association and its dedication to improving the quality and perceived value of surface preparation and installed in-situ resin and screed flooring for its end user customers by:
- Becoming the established source of knowledge, expertise and professional working practices in the Resin Flooring Industry in the UK;
- Ensuring the proper maintenance of health and safety procedures;
- Establishing quality & code of practice criteria for all members covering all aspects of development, manufacturing, supply and installation of in-situ resin flooring;
- Creating universally accepted product definitions and performance criteria in line with British and European Standards;
- Creating industry-leading standards of training for new and existing applicators of resin floorings and surface preparation;
- Providing recognised sources of independent technical advice for all interested parties.
How to Enter
This year there are five categories of awards. Entry forms can be downloaded by clicking the links below. Submissions are open to members only. The closing date for entries is Friday 11th October 2019.
- Large Commercial Project of the Year
- Small Commercial Project of the Year
- Large Industrial Project of the Year
- Small Industrial Project of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to FeRFA
For tips on how to write a quality entry, download our FeRFA Best Practice Awards 2019 Hints and Tips
ENTRY & JUDGING PROCESS
- Please provide TWO printed copies of your application for the judging panel (including all attachments) and a copy on USB drive. Large files should be sent via www.wetransfer.com or similar.
- All images should be in jpeg format (minimum 300 dpi). Ensure that all images are identified with the award category and project name.
- You must own the photographs you submit and have full copyright.
- A high-resolution logo must also be submitted with your entry, which will be used in print and online publications.
- In entering the awards, you are warrantying that your entry is truthful and not deliberately misleading.
- The Award Judges will be made up of a panel of FeRFA Associate Members and industry representatives.
- Judges have the right to reject or re-categorise any entry they feel does not comply with the entry requirements. You will be notified if this is the case.
- Any Judge associated with a nomination will be asked to withdraw from the judging process for that category.
- All nominees will be informed if they have been shortlisted.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Entries close 11th October 2019
- Completed Application Forms and accompanying information should be posted to Natasha Malcolm, FeRFA, PO Box 3716 Stone, Staffs ST15 9EU.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
NEW ATM AIMS TO MAKE UK MOVE A SUCCESS
Edgar Janoher has left his Spanish homeland to join Sika UK as an Area Technical Manager Responsible for special project […]
16th September 2019
Sherwin-Williams wins HACCP vote of confidence for specialist flooring systems
Sherwin-Williams Protective & Marine Coatings has been awarded an internationally-recognised food and beverage industry standard accreditation for a specialist range […]
11th September 2019
Machine operation made easy
The Preparation Group has introduced easy to read ‘How to Use’ cards onto its range of Shotblasters, Grinders, Planers, Scrapers, […]
9th September 2019