FeRFA Upskilling Courses
FeRFA’s upskilling programme offers the industry an ongoing programme of training, not just for new employees into the industry, but also established floor layers and contract managers who need to expand their knowledge of changing products and techniques. With this come improvements which allow businesses to become more profitable and successful, and raise quality standards within the industry. The benefits include:
- Broadening the skill base of individuals and improving work opportunities
- Improving the scope of work available to the employer
- Establishing recognition for the industry towards ongoing training of its workforce
- Keeping up to date with product changes within the industry and the techniques required to meet the changes.
Courses are available in two formats – click on the links to move to the section of interest:
Courses can be run on the following topics – at venues and on dates to suit, subject to demand:
- Decorative Stone & Quartz Systems
- Flowable Screeds
- Self Smoothing Static Dissipative & Slip Resistant
- Polyurethane screeds & coving
- Work Practice & Project Planning
- Surface preparation to receive resin floors
- Grinding & Polishing
- Specifiying and Selecting Resin Flooring
- Waste Management.
The course fee is being subsidised for FeRFA members and will be £50 per person, which includes: Tuition (both classroom and practical where applicable), set of course notes and completion certificate, as well as lunch and refreshments. You may be eligible for CITB grant funding of £30 for attendance.
FeRFA's ON-LINE E-LEARNING PORTAL
FeRFA has developed five on-line e-learning modules which comprise an audio visual presentation followed by a test. Successful candidates receive a certificate on completion of the chosen module.
Courses will cover the following topics:
- Health and Safety
- Work Practice and Project Planning
- Specifying Resin Flooring Systems
- Static Dissipative systems
- Assessing Slip Resistance
There is no charge for FeRFA members to take the courses.
For more details on enrolling on the courses please contact FeRFA.
There are instructions on using the e-Learning portal HERE.
FeRFA Elearning portal is available at http://elearning.ferfa.org.uk/. To take part in the Elearning programme you first need to apply to FeRFA in order to be enrolled on a course.
Please register your interest in any of these courses, by getting in contact with FeRFA direct on +44 (0)7484 075 254 or by email.
Our latest news
For the latest news on FeRFA, its members and the industry.
Danny wins CITB ‘Apprentice of the Year’ Award
Danny Malone is employed by Coatech as a Resin Flooring Installer and has recently completed a Resin Flooring apprenticeship with […]
15th June 2018
Resin Bound Surfacing Product Awareness Training, delivered by the experts
The Ronacrete Product Awareness Training Course is designed to make you aware of the essential elements which make up a […]
4th June 2018
Apprentices learn how to prepare for the perfect finish
The 16th group of resin flooring apprentices continued their training this month with a two-day session on Surface Preparation. Starting […]
9th May 2018